Banks Power introduces the new 5 inch Monster Exhaust designed specifically for the 2017-2019 GM 6.6L Duramax L5P 2500/3500 HD pickup trucks. The DPF-back exhaust system features constant-diameter 5 inch mandrel-bent aluminized steel tubing and a massive patented tip which virtually eliminates backpressure after the DPF and prevents trailer meltdown.
With the stock exhaust nozzle measuring 2.85 inch compared to the Monster Exhaust’s massive 5 inch outlet, the Banks system offers a 192 percent greater flow area than stock. And, the Monster Exhaust boasts 85 percent less backpressure than stock, leading to more power and increased fuel economy.
The Monster Exhaust also provides a 15 percent reduction in exhaust temperature two feet behind the tip during regen. The Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) on the Duramax L5P is cleaned through a process called regeneration in which scorching exhaust gas temperatures can last up to 20 minutes while driving.
Unlike the stock Duramax exhaust which directs a prolonged jet-like blast of super-heated exhaust gas directly at anything being towed, the Monster Exhaust is aimed out to the side of the truck. This allows ambient air to diffuse the heated gas, eliminating the risk of melting a trailer, which has reported by a number of Duramax owners.
Duramax owners can choose from two huge patented 6.5 inch x 7.5 inch ob-round slash-cut exhaust tips: chrome-plated polished stainless steel or high-temp matte black. And, unlike other brands, Banks’ chrome-plated stainless tip will not turn brown with heat.
The Banks 5 inch Monster Exhaust (Part No. 48996 for chrome or 48996-B for black) fits all regular cab short bed, double cab short bed, double cab long bed, crew cab short bed, crew cab long bed, and dually models.
- Monster DPF-Back Exhaust System
- Virtually eliminates backpressure after the DPF
- 15 percent reduction in exhaust temperature 2 feet behind the tip during regen
- 85 percent less backpressure than stock
- Huge patented 6.5 inch x 7.5 inch ob-round slash-cut exhaust tip
- High-temp matte black painted stainless steel tip
- Ob-Round Exhaust Tip Patent No. D558,111
- Made In The USA
- Sold As A Kit
- SKU: 48996-B
- 2017-Present Chevrolet Silverado 2500|3500 w/ Duramax 6.6L L5P Engine
- 2017-Present GMC Sierra 2500|3500 w/ Duramax 6.6L L5P Engine
- (Fits all regular cab short bed, double cab short bed, double cab long bed, crew cab short bed, crew cab long bed, and dually models)
|MFG Original Sku||48996-B|
|Grouping Title||Monster Exhaust System 5-inch Single Exit Black Tip 2017-Present Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 Duramax 6.6L L5P Banks Power|
|Warranty||5 Year Limited Warranty|